Monday, January 31, 2005

 

"...the attractive sweating of Lois Nettleton..."

    This review of Lois Nettleton's acting isn't for her appearance in two episodes of Kung Fu in which she appeared.
    The one I remembered her from was probably Barbary House, as I remember Leslie Nielson, as well, although it could have been Flight to Orion, which, I think, features Dalonia's (her character's) death by snakebite. The quote entitling this post is one of the first options that Google sprung when I typed in what my sleep had delivered to me as the actresses name: "Lois Nettleson", which Google corrected for me two ways [the other being Louise Nevelson] and searched. It is a quote from the editorial review in over at Amazon for Volume 15 of The Twilight Zone Stories. As I recall, Lois Nettleton did, indeed sweat attractively and was worth a swoon when dying.
    Lois Nettleton was and, it appears, continues to be one of the masters of TV acting craft, possessing a peculiarity of presence that is fully adaptable to the intimate presentation of television. I can think of another actor who shares Lois Nettleton's TV character acting gift and presence: Anthony Zerbe, who is also, I note, most likely alive and working as I type. One of the very visible invisible.
    Although it is a Monday, my spirit and Mom's reaction to her first "Opening of the Eyes", are needing a close huddle, today. The last day of the month. Then, I have to get serious about taxes. I'm ready. Almost. One more day and I'll be ready.
    Isn't today some kind of holiday or something?!? It should be.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?