Monday, January 31, 2005

 

Didn't you know? Today is a holiday!

    My mother remains a bit back from the sharp edge of conscious. I expect her to arise soon but her droopy lids over only occasional glimpses of iris tells me she may "sleep in" today.
    I was a lazy git last night and left several evening chores until morning. Everything is now laid out, though, including the bacon, I've taken my pills, O.J., first cup of coffee and am considering a second, since it looks as though I'll have a chance to sit back and enjoy it and, amazingly, I autonomically heated the water a few minutes ago.
    Slept restlessly, though, last night. The Little Girl remained on the bed but at the bottom, well out of the way of a stray foot or a turning torso. Strange dreams, none of which can I remember, but I'm sure "Lois Nettleson" [SIC] burbled out of one of my more fervent processing dreams.
    Today will be the last day of the first week of her Detrol LA trial. I can't tell that there's been any difference. She's had periods of day dryness, but this is not unusual on her own. She continues to shed at night, same amount. Her hydration factor has a lot to do with the effectiveness of the medication. Since she is currently fighting off a UTI, I am more inclined to push her fluids to the upper limits of 2200 cc/day, the amount she was on at the hospital and the skilled nursing facility when she was being pulled away from over hydration. Much depends on her overall health, whether she's fighting off an infection and unusually tired. Both apply, at this stage of the game. Last night I noticed that her urine is still cloudy, although no longer bloody, which is good. I'm glad we have a four week trial of the Detrol LA.
    Maybe today...
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?