Tuesday, January 25, 2005

 

I'm a bit in the shade of 12 hours...

...and I expect this post to be a short beginning regarding our trip of yesterday to consult with her Mesa PCP (who, this visit, was, happily and luckily, an FNP). Expect further posts on a variety of issues raised, settled, and settled with as the hours increase.
    First, some details about which some of you will be wondering:    The visit with friends was spectacular, the highlight of the trip. Mom was very alert, her faculties of recognition were in good order, she enjoyed the surprises offered by a new environment and participated in them with enthusiasm; in some cases, the smoking, for instance, with too much enthusiasm. She has, fortunately, forgotten that she came close to chain smoking yesterday.
    In case the visited family peeks in here, she was particularly taken with whom she considered a newcomer, the late comer. She asked me several times on the way home who she was and in what way she was connected with MCF's family.
    She finally agreed that even though we paid for a day and used the motel room for 3 hours it was a good idea. She was shocked when I explained to her, upon her asking me how much we were paying for the room, that we were paying for a day. "Too bad you can't get rooms by the hour," she innocently observed.
    "Well, Mom, we could down on Van Buren and they come with a girl."
    Mom started, then laughed. "I already have a girl!"
    "Come to think of it, so do I!"
    She used the walker with slow aplomb even though it's been a couple of months since she's used it. She dozed in the doctor's office while we were waiting but came to splendidly when the FNP began the session.
    The FNP conducted a much needed, "Well, since you've come all this way, let's do the full review." Much was learned and much was accomplished. In case I haven't mentioned this, Mom will be having the following fluid draws up here once a month:    There's more to tell and I will in at least two more posts, one which will probably show up in Essaying the Situation. I'll post an alert here if that happens.
    To those of you who care, know that I feel as though I am embarking on this new phase of The Adventure of Mom as an Ancient One with both a lighter heart and step. Now that I know.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?