Friday, January 14, 2005

 

I'm not sure which is more appropriate to say...

...that my mother made it through the night in fine shape or I did. I slept restlessly, awakening spontaneously every couple of hours to determine if she had vomited in her sleep. Didn't happen. Just a few minutes ago, using the Ancient Logic of Ancient Clocks and Time [if she awakens on her own at 0930 on one day, the next day, if she sleeps through that time, I give her an hour before looking for signs of awakening] I checked to see if she was close to awakening into the day. Her eyes opened and so did her mouth, saying, "I'm not ready." She looks good. She's breathing well. She had a copious watershed but yesterday I fed her liquids every time I gave her a pill and she took quite a few pills, several off schedule. Her urine smells "normal" again. Today, because her body is healing and she's sleeping off meds and probably a bit of over-hydration (which was necessary and most likely good, I noticed when I felt her forehead that she doesn't feel as though she has a fever), I'll let her go until I begin to worry, which probably won't be until about noon.
    Although I'm curious and a little frightened about what her blood pressure will reveal this morning, I'm also relieved. So relieved I feel as though I got a deep, uninterrrupted night's sleep.
    It's a sunny day, my mother's favorite kind; some cloud cover at the moment is dispersing as I write. I've finished all the tax stuff that's due on the 18th and gotten it out. We could use a trip to Target to pick up a new humidifier filter and some more cat box litter; maybe she'll go, maybe she won't. I'll probably treat her to an "early" hair wash, set and style because it relaxes her. Except for the antibiotic, I'm expecting that her medication schedule will return to normal. Whew!
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?