Thursday, January 13, 2005

 

Just a note so I'll remember.

    Much to my surprise, Mom was up at 0920, bright eyed, bushy tailed, on her elbow, ready to go. We began the day: Blood sugar reading, the iron and vitamin C I give her first thing then her bath. Toward the end of her bath while she was standing up as I was putting lotion on her legs, she complained that she was feeling "a little nauseated". She sat down, vomited just a little foam (not the iron pill...I was surprised). After sitting for a few minutes she felt good enough to come out to the living room. I gave her a metaclopramide pill, 5 mg, at 1015 for nausea put off breakfast for a half hour or so. She's watching Animal Planet right now, feeling very good, no more vomiting.
    I think it could be that I gave her too much antibiotic yesterday so I'm going to put off her dose today until dinner and not administer iron at that meal. She'll only get 291.66 mg of antibiotic today. I think that'll be enough. I'm pleased to report that she is no longer bleeding from the urethra. I just need to be careful with the antibiotic, I think. I hope that's all it is. Otherwise, it could be that she is going through severe anemia, again.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?