Tuesday, January 11, 2005

 

Man, I'll tell you what...

...after my mother awoke from her nap and I made her popcorn and V-8 juice with cinnamon, forgetting her dill pickles, I was overcome with fatigue and begged off to what I thought would be about a half hour nap. Two hours later my mother awoke me as she shuffled through my bedroom to see what The Little Girl was eyeing out the back Arcadia door (a big orange cat which sent The Little Girl into a spitting fit). Every once in awhile that happens to me...I lose a little sleep here and there then make it up in a one-fell-swoop nap. And then I remember my 5th grade teacher, Mrs. Knave, telling us, "You can't make up lost sleep."
    I have this theory about sleep. It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't true, I can't tell you how I came to this conclusion either, but I've often wondered if the more sleep you get throughout your life, the longer you live, and vice versa. Up to a point, of course. I'm not sure what that point i. Katherine Hepburn lived to be 96 and copped to prefering to sleep 14 hours a day through most of her life. Whether she logged this much sleep is another question.
    We talked about going to Costco tomorrow. Although she expressed mild (very mild) interest in the trip, if I'm up early I think I'll just go while she's sleeping, making sure I get back by 1100.
    Good day, though. Very good day.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?