Monday, January 10, 2005

 

No naps, the last two days!

    Despite this keeping me busier than usual I've been pleasantly surprised. We continue to keep to my mother's hours...late mornings, late nights, lots of her favorite shows. We've also had a couple of incidents of "yes I smoke cigarettes, where are they", which have been strange. One of these fits awoke her night before last, once again just as I was getting ready to go to bed...so, we stayed up and watched Columbo and Sherlock homes. I'm not sure why these episodes are happening. Sometimes it appears that it's because she's watching someone on TV smoking a cigarette; but this isn't always the case. I've found that if I catch her while she's looking for something but hasn't yet figured out what she's trying to find and hook her up to oxygen, even if she doesn't appear to need it, the fit is arrested.
    Since my attention has been typically full force on her throughout the day with no breaks I've had a bit of trouble getting back here to post. It's a relief, though, to see that she seems to have gotten her winter sleep out.
    Yesterday I lured her into a short (just less than half an hour) 'informal' session of going through some of her exercises (the sitting ones, with weights, when called for) again. Although she doesn't notice it, her energy improves after a session. I still can't seem to get her interested in 'doing' anything. I brought out both the card making sets (including the stamping set) and the beading. She announced that she preferred to read and do crosswords. I relented. She has, though, been fairly voracious about playing Sorry and has beat me at about 50% of the games without a lot of coaching. Last night, immediately after the episode of Storm Stories we were watching, when the local weather cast aired and announced the rain storm due for today Mom said in reaction, "Now, that's a spring storm," with what almost sounded like excitement. I didn't bother to correct her by telling her that we are just a couple of weeks into winter. Maybe her spring mindset is keeping her up!
    Since I haven't gotten over to the Tests & Meds site to put in stats, although I've been keeping them, I'll note here there's been a bit of a hike in her blood sugar: Nothing alarming but unusual considering her recent blood sugar history. I continue to suspect the new vitamin C pills. The next time I go to Costco I'll buy the non-chewables. Buying the chewables was a mistake...I didn't notice that the 500 mg tabs, which I wouldn't have to split, were chewable. If I had I would have assumed they have sugar in them and bought the others.
    I'm wondering how the incoming storm is going to affect her napping quotient, today.
    I'm hoping to get back here today and do some catching up.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?