Wednesday, February 2, 2005

 

Before going out, this morning...

...[I was out by 0930], noticing how bright the sun, how warm the house, I thought, "Hmmm...maybe a good afternoon for yardwork." Well, it's 1530, I just retrieved the garbage cans, downtown it's allegedly 46°, my guess, up here, is maybe 36° in the direct sun on a light, flat surface. The wind chill factor is probably pretty close to freezing. That's a little cold even for me. Without the wind chill I'd probably be fine.
    Did I mention that one of her cousin's husbands died? He didn't quite make it to 90. He was buried last month. Nobody liked the cousin but everyone liked the cousin's husband. "That's like [name of cousin] to survive [name of cousin's husband]. Well, we'll miss 'im."
    We haven't talked to them or about them with others in ages. I have no idea what took him out. Their daughter died a couple of years ago when she was in her late 50's or early 60's. Heart attack on the couch one night. The cousin is blood related to my mother through the lines that live forever, although in my mother's generation, which she shares with this cousin, some of the good died young, including my mother's sister and brother; snatched by the drink and such.
    I'm thinking Mom has a better than good shot at 90. I can't imagine life much slooooower than this, but it will become so, I'm sure. At least I'm finally relaxed about it. I noticed that, due to understanding what's happening now and how far [not] to push on activity, I'm getting excited about the possibility of 'taking her out', considering how well she did with the trip. Maybe starting with restaurants, or a Mall 'Morning' [depending, of course, on when her morning starts], walkering and wheeling around some of the outside stores, culminating in lunch at the Food Court (she loves food courts). I was pleased to realize that these sounded interesting to me, again. Maybe my renewed energy will feed hers, or maybe we naturally synch ourselves quietly in the background.
    I found some more low fat yoghurt with artificial sweetener, on sale, bought some, mentioned them to Mom (didn't mention the artificial sweetener), her response was, "I like yoghurt." So, that's good. That'll now be a part of her regular lunch. Maybe we'll cut out the popcorn every other day. I think she's fine with fiber, right now. Glory Be!
    The Detrol LA continues to appear to have no effect day or night. This is not to say that she is leaking all the time, but she is not staying dry any more than previously. Her nightly watershed remains about the same.
    I'm not sure when I'll get back here. Maybe tonight. We need to do her hair tonight, and I've got some movies...and, I've already got dinner planned and she's jazzed for it.
    Maybe I'll take a short nap! What an idea!
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?