Tuesday, February 15, 2005

 

"How about sweet rolls this morning?"

    Those were my mother's parting words to me when I roused her briefly at 0915 to let her know I was heading out to the grocery and Costco and would be back between 1130 and noon, and would awaken her as soon as the car was unloaded.
    So we had Costco danish this morning. Yesterday I switched stats from dinner to lunch. I'm very curious, after a Just Desserts Dinner last night and a sweet roll this morning, what sort of numbers she'lll have when she awakens to lunch, which, believe me, is going to be light, today. And Cobb Salad tonight. I think I can generate the energy for that. I purchased a superb black bean/corn Mediteranean salad that I thought I'd made the highlight of the Cobb salad. Add some of the more colorful vegetables, you know, radishes, carrots, green pepper just because it tastes so damn good raw, a few greens on the bottom, I think I've got a boiled egg in the refrigerator, some fresh ranch dressing over the stuff that's not dressed, and I bought some roasted garlic hummus and pita chips...perfect to substitute for the corn chips I usually use instead of croutons.
    As my mother would say, someone must be hungry. Actually, I'm not. I'm thinking of all the work this will involve, when I can take my next ibuprofen and diphenhydramine (I think that is the correct spelling), how I can cut away some of the work, if I lay down now would I be able to get any kind of a nap in, even a relaxing session, it's cloudy and raining, maybe she'll have a longer nap, then again, I'm continuing to hear her cough...maybe she's already up...maybe I can take a little nap while she's up...she's pretty alert today, I think she would be okay left to her own devices for an hour, maybe in front of Dances with Wolves with an array of things for lunch, you know, yoghurt, some bread and butter pickles, V-8 juice w/cinnamon; so, how can I streamline this dinner project...
    Ah. She's up. So, all questions will be answered momentarily and in the moment.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?