Tuesday, February 8, 2005

 

I'm pretty pleased with my effort, over at the movie site...

...listed in the links to the right, but nobody's visiting. It's kind of entertaining for me, much like the effort was.
    Today is one of my worse days. I didn't awaken until 1047. Really late for me. My head was draining fluids from every orifice except my ears. I was coughing and sneezing and congested...oh my! Nothing really bad, just annoying. Low energy, although once I started my chores I flew through them and did extra.
    I was dejected, but not surprised, to discover the continuance of my mother's UTI about which I've written at the aforeconstructed link, which lands you at today's breakfast review. I no longer freak as I did the first time she had one but I'm not happy. This is serious. I've begun to formulate a plan. I'll probably call her FNP tomorrow. The plan may have to involve an appointment down there, but maybe not, between her newly established monthly urinalyses up here and phone contact she may be able to prescribe for whatever this one is. I have just been assuming it's e coli. Perhaps it's not. I'm sure we'll get past this. I'm just not in the mood for it today.
    She's napping now. I may go in for a nap. I may not. I'm not sure. I took some ibuprofen. I'm not sure why but I feel better, although a little numb. Anyway, I think what we have left of the Augmentin, which she took at the beginning of this particular UTI [yes, that's how long it's continued] that will buy us some time to get a lab result and prescribe correctly. I swear, I am my mother's unlicensed, unacknowledged medical Primary Care Provider! I think I liked it the other way better, where someone else with a degree did this, but you know, there's a reason why we're now doing this and until that reason is addressed, those of us who give avocational but very formal care to loved ones will be the care recipients' PCPs.
    I think I can get a nap in. Maybe I can get The Little Girl to sleep with me. Sleeping with kitties is always healing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?