Saturday, February 26, 2005

 

I've updated,

in short, med and food stats over at that site as I recorded and remember them and included a short review of times and peculiarities.
    Over the last few days I've been experiencing an epiphany regarding an aspect of what I'm doing here with my mother. It's been difficult for me, not so much for my mother, although the nature of the epiphany has meant that she's been aware of its continuing and expanding effect on me. It remains extremely difficult about which to write so I'm putting that off until the details settle and I can, again, take a reading on where I am and in what direction I'm headed.
    In the meantime, of course, I've been seeing to Mom. We've watched a lot of movies over the last three days. I'm not sure why this has been happening although it's been okay with me since it's allowed me some internal relief from the occasionally fierce emotional fallout from the epiphany. As well, the movies we've been watching haven't been old favorites (except for the last one, tonight, Little Buddha) but ones we either haven't seen for a long time or haven't seen at all. Since Mom doesn't remember which movies we have and hasn't the interest in thumbing through our collection on her own, when she's said, "Let's watch a movie," I've asked her if she's in the mood for comedy, drama, documentary or musical, spectacle or subtle, rousing or quiet. Some of the movies haven't been from our collection but from the TCM's 31 Days of Oscars line-up, depending on the film, of course. We won't be (or haven't, if it was tonight...I have no idea for when it was scheduled) watching the Oscar ceremonies. I've never watched and I don't think Mom ever has. Too long. Too boring. Neither of us is that interested in clothes or thank-you speeches.
    I'm not sure when I'll again be writing more specifics about our days but I am expecting to reinstate my regular updating schedule very soon.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?