Thursday, February 3, 2005

 

My plan, which I made soon after I awoke this morning...

...at 0515 (I know, bizarre, and wonderful, again) was that today would be an early shopping day. I want to replace The Little Girl's litterbox. It's about time. When it gets to the place where I can't get the smell of cat urine completely out of the plastic it's time to get a new box. Works out to about every 3 years. So, you know, I remembered that Target opens at 0800 and we could use a new humidifier filter which I can get there and they have such deals on Arm & Hammer cat litter...I'd certianly be able to shower and be ready to leave here at 0845...
    Yeah. Right.
    I'm not at all disappointed, though, at how the morning has played out. First I began hearing reconnaissance coughing at around 0700 when I'd planned to take a shower and decided to see if it came to anything. It is 0956 now so I guess not, although she's been reconnaissance coughing all morning. Once again, I got a wild hair and decided to clean out the silverware drawers and their inserts. I started the "oh, it's in there" drawer but backed off when I realized it contains so much stuff some of it has been pushed over the back of the drawer and into the canned food cabinet below.
    I also awoke with another possible task for today: If I want to fool around a little and give myself some thinking room, maybe I'll set up a catalog of all the DVDs we own, whether Mom's seen them (I, of course, have seen them all), if so, what my memory is of her reaction, etc. I seem to be looking forward to Discovering Yet Another Aspect of My Mother which this exercise in discipline should catalyze.
    I'll probably set up a separate section within which to do this and link it after I've set it up so you can view its growth. It'll be a simple, straightforward table of info boxes and links to movie sites of all types. People who know my mother (or feel like they know her) might find our growing catalog interesting.
    Yes. I think that's what I'll do, today. I think I'll start now.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?