Tuesday, February 1, 2005

 

So, I edited and added...

...to the essay I published earlier today: A Turn in the Road.
    I've been worried about continuing cloudiness in my mother's urine. I've twice imagined that she's continuing bleeding, yesterday and today, but I was wrong. I think I'm a little overwhelmed about this particularly intransigent UTI. I wonder if we should have a urinalysis done, the results to be sent to Mesa, just before the end of the treatment. If the cloudiness doesn't clear soon I may double up the antibiotic dosage. It has been administered this way to her before and has worked well. I'm sure, from what the FNP said, that I didn't screw her up with the Augmentin. But, you know, as she also said, sometimes you have to use an antibiotic to sweep up after an antibiotic.
    I've been considering adding yoghurt to her diet; this was a suggestion from a dialysis tech. Mom used to eat it a lot some years ago. There is one on the market made with Splenda® which she doesn't seem to mind in her cranberry juice. I bought a couple of cartons of the blueberry (the only other choice was strawberry which she's never liked) but so far she's refused them.
    I've been on sort of a major at-home holiday over the last few days. I've been wearing nothing but flannels, absolutely no underwear or anything binding. I've not been hungry for dinner for two days. Today I did some spontaneous cleaning and rearranging, which was unusually uplifting. I also experienced a very odd sugar fit earlier this evening. This never happens to me, but suddenly I was haunting the house for sugar, candy, anything. I polished off about 6 oz of a bitter-sweet spiced chocolate bar then found some hard candies I keep 'just in case' for Mom (which we've never used) and sampled a piece of each, then about four pieces of English toffee all of which I devoured within a half hour; and have been completely satisfied since, thank you.
    I continue to test myself nervously for diabetes every once in awhile. It was common on my father's side of the family and I am my father's daughter. So far my readings are within normal range even when slightly out of range would be considered normal. Never low. And, I usually test myself because I am suddenly experiencing sweating or light-headedness. After a normal blood sugar reading, I up my dosage of Black Cohosh. I'm back up to 80 mg/day. I've tried Evening Primrose but it tends to make me hyper, and feel as though I'm going to have my period.
    So, I don't know, I guess, early this evening I just needed sugar. Refined sugar. Bizarre!
    Good day, considering. I guess I have to suit up and meet the public, tomorrow. And go through mail and pay bills.
    Tonight, though, I feel good. In one way or another I think I'll just sit back and enjoy...
    ...later...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?