Tuesday, February 8, 2005

 

Well, damn! I laid down just before 1600...

...and that was all she wrote until a little after 2000. Do I feel better? A little. I'm propped up with ibuprofen. And coffee. Is Mom okay? Indubitably. She scrounged lunch for herself, which included (but was probably not limited to) 8 oz yoghurt and about a quarter of a quart jar of MCS's Bread and Butter pickles. I'm smiling as I write this. I wouldn't even guess about her blood sugar, and I didn't bother with stats before dinner. Didn't bother to fix dinner. Went for fast food, instead. The problem with rural, primarily tourist towns is that on a Tuesday (oh, shit, tomorrow's garbage day) night in the winter apparently KFC closes down their kitchens ("We're out...we're out...I only have one of those...") an hour before closing their window. That's okay, though. We were long overdue for some real junk food.
    So, I added a search engine to the movie site. There is a link to the right, as well, at the bottom of my growing list of internal, egocentric links.
    I've concocted my UTI plan. I could have done some of it today except that I guess I needed to be sick and sleep four hours, instead. Call doctor's office tomorrow and ask for FNP. Probably wait for return call. Advise status of UTI, make sure the blanket order has been faxed to the Prescott lab, consult on triggering that order for a urinalysis tomorrow, continue with Augmentin 437.5 mg tomorrow, 291.33 mg the following day unless we are written a different prescription, consult on whether to just double up on the Levaquin (inadvisable, I did that for 3 days and it had little effect) or put her on something stronger, ask for a call to the Prescott pharmacy, go pick up pills. The prescription will probably be written sometimes Thursday, since my guess is that the doctors' office will wait for the analysis of her urine.
    Mom doesn't feel sick, doesn't act sick except she's more tired than usual, but that is only by a little bit. I, however, am being knocked for an unexpected loop by this cold, or allergic reaction to something, or, I don't know. Of course, I was up late last night. But awoke very late this morning.
    So, since I awoke (probably from before I awoke) the song "Something's Coming", from the original Broadway cast album of West Side Story has been playing around through my head. Hmmm..."Who knooooows..."

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?