Friday, February 4, 2005

 

Wow! 77 dvds and counting!

    That doesn't include the amount of material in collections, of which we have more than a few. I just finished rudimentarily cataloguing them; very simple data base including the urls for sites pertaining to each particular piece. That was fun. I'll write about it over at the new movie data base site when I launch it.
    Something I wanted to mention about which I was thinking this afternoon: That fantasy I mentioned, the strong one, almost erotic, about my mother's final moments and my involvement in them? Well, I should mention that I am quite sure this is not her death fantasy at all, if she yet even has one [I'm not sure whether she continues to believe she's immortal.]. I think her fantasy is to go unawares, in her sleep, preferably, alone, sort of waking up on the other side as if you were flushed into it from a womb, looking around, getting her bearings, maybe looking back, maybe not, but certainly no fuss and no deathbed scenes. I guarantee, she'd consider my fantasy much too sloppy. You can cry if you want, I'm sure she feels, but wait till she leaves.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?