Tuesday, March 29, 2005

 

Mom is taking a very early nap.

    She awakened, breakfasted, read and bathroomed in before noon,today and, along with recovering from the very short, very light visit, yesterday, her body is still registering the effects of the low still brushing our area on its way out. She struggled, of her own accord, to remember that we had visitors yesterday, although she continually called their visit for "this morning", as though she'd arisen from an afternoon nap and recalled them visiting previous to this, as they did. She finally gave up and asked, "You'll remember, won't you?" That's now a rhetorical question.
    I should mention: During the time I laid scant tracks in this journal she has needed a fair number, three I think, of reviews on who's dead and who's not and when, etc. Because I've been doing a lot of paper work lately and continue to do more she's been asking about it and saying things like, "Well, you'd better notify mother about those, she'll want to take care of that." Finally after three or four of these reminders I responded, "You're the mother now, Mom. And, you know. And I'm taking care of it." For some reason, that particular response worked for her and she remembers it and that those dead are dead and she is the matriarch, as it were.
    And I am her faithful dog.
    Once she realized last weekend was Easter weekend she attempted to catch as many Bible movies as possible, primarily the mid-twentieth century epics. There were plenty. The only one I remember glimpsing was The Greatest Story Ever Told. I made a point of trying to view at least some of it because I'd never viewed it. I was surprised when, early in the movie, "Jesus" spouts one of "Paul's" letters. Weird. So, from that point on I kept an ear to it, but don't remember anything else jarring.
    Since I reported the only "stat" message I had here I'll run a link from there to here then continue on. I've taken no stats to speak of since last stat reporting. Mom is none the worse for the lack of wear. I was going to take her into the lab this morning for a "monthly" (it's been two months) blood draw, but decided to wait. There was something about the way she arose that told me she needed to awaken slowly this morning without being stabbed.
    I've got a guy coming out sometime next week to assay the carport ceiling (and roof, I'm sure) situation, explain to me what he thinks is happening, what now needs to happen and how much he would charge to do it. I'm going to ask him if he's also interested in crawling up on the roof of the main house and surveying for possible repairs. I don't think we have any leaks but I noticed bits of tar shingle on the ground after a couple of storms, particularly where the pyracantha are grown over the eaves.
    Other than that things are going well. I'm feeling better, not completely unstressed...I can see, now, that it is critical that I address the paperwork situation around her and start looking for an estate lawyer around here who can deliver what we need and only what 23 need. But, I think I'll not have a problem with that, although I am planning on a slow address.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?