Wednesday, May 11, 2005

 

Just a few reminder (to myself, mostly) notes...

...before I hit the sack.
    I will no longer be recording my mother's meals in the Tests & Meds journal. I've decided to move that reporting over to the Caring. About Food. site. Regular and much more frequent reportage will probably begin tomorrow. I will be doing some minor catching up, there, as well.
    I don't want to forget to mention the article I read in the recent AARP snail mail bulletin, either.
    At the Tests and Meds journal site I've performed stat ketchup. I've also decided to no longer report her daily med doses, since they remain the same. Thus, I've published her most recent med profile there this evening. Any changes, minor or major, will be reported by day. Bowel movements will also continue to be reported there, although there's been a huge gap, lately, in that reporting.
    As you have probably already guessed, Mother's Day became Mother's Weekend for Mom. We both had a great time. I decided to take advantage of the opportunity and hit Linens 'n Things sale table for a few more colorful sheet sets and some lighter weight summer blankets. She was thrilled. I also bought her a box of artifically sweetened chocolate bars which I forgot to give to her...I had them hidden. That just leaves me with the opportunity to spring another surprise on her at a later date. I'll have to do it judiciously, as we all know what now happens to Mom's bowels when she consumes as much chocolate as she'd like.
    I intended to do more writing tonight than I have. I thought I'd be up later, as I collapsed in the middle of the day and took a nap of a little over an hour...unusual for me to nap at all. But I'm still tired and unusually achey all over for no reason of which I can think.
    Once again, today the southern end of a low passed through. It was cold and windy. But finally our typical summer high pressure is beginning to build. This weekend the temperature downtown is supposed to hit 80°, which means at least 75° where we are. Between now and the weekend the weather should become steadily warmer and the beginning of next week looks good, too, although tomorrow the temperature will probably only be about 60°, if that. It's been a long, cool spring and I've heard that we're in for a cool, wet summer. Hopefully, once the summer settles, "cool" will mean 75° to 80° up here with only occasional rain until the monsoon hits. I want a chance to get Mom in the habit of moving at least for awhile this year.
    My interest in reporting in the various journals centering around Mom is definitely making a resurgence, so expect more. Although I know I speculated why this happened in here, I'm not really sure why I took a vacation from reporting but I'm not worried about it, either. It just seemed like a good idea at the time and I think it was.
    I remain calm, healthy (I think, unless this achiness gives way to a minor cold) and optimistic, although my argumentative streak is intact.
    Ah, the local weather's on. Yep, the pressure is steadily rising. Good. Radar shows the low receding northward. Yeah, downtown the expected high is 66 so we'll probably be lucky if we hit 60 up here and the winds are not expected to die down until late tomorrow. Warmer weather is on its way, though, and will settle in over the next week. Good. I'm ready for Mom's summer energy surge.
    I'm sitting here thinking about how pleased I am to be here with my mother. It's been a long, sometimes convoluted haul but looking back over the last few years, despite, or maybe because of, my frequent freaking and feelings of inadequacy, I'm more often, now, feeling satisfied and in control of our conjoined lives, able to handle whatever the future may hold for each and both of us. Surprised? Well, no one is more surprised than me.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?