Friday, May 13, 2005

 

Yesterday probably could have been one of our better days...

...but I blew it. She and I both awoke a few minutes after nine. My reported ambition in the last post dated May 11th suddenly evaporated after I worked for a couple of hours on some sort of compendium form for reporting to her PCP after her blood draws and I headed for bed around midnight, exhausted. Although by 0900 the next morning I'd had 8 hours of sleep, I wasn't feeling like it. When I passed her bedroom on my way to the kitchen and noticed she was upright on her bed my spirits dropped through the floor. Despite the fact that she was perky and smiling, we've had several mornings in the last few weeks when she has arisen with or immediately after me. I've been dealing with it but yesterday morning I couldn't. I wasn't nasty or curt but I explained to her that didn't think I could deal with her for awhile and asked her if she thought she might be able to manage another hour or so of sleep. She never turns down an opportunity to sleep more and agreed.
    A little after 1000 I roused her and she asked me to let her sleep until she wanted to arise. I did. She awoke, ready to begin her day, at 1206.
    I don't like it when I send her back to bed. I try to avoid it but sometimes I need more time to gather myself before my day becomes hers. Although I've had a good stretch of good months lately, for some reason over the past couple of days I've been soul tired. I'm not expecting that I'll be "vacationing" on the job for a couple of months like I did last fall but I'll probably take a couple more days to revive myself.
    Today is blood draw day. Last night when I reminded her, Mom asked if we could put it off until Monday. I agreed, then noticed, as I reported over at the Tests & Meds site, that her urine appeared to be a little cloudy late at night. If it's still cloudy this morning or if she's bleeding we'll do the draw today. If not, we'll wait until Monday.
    I think she's reacting to two aspects of our life: The first, of course, being my in-need-of-reviving spirit; the second is that we've suddenly experiencing spring-warm weather and, when she's been up, she's been overdoing it a bit. She didn't consent to going to Home Depot with me yesterday afternoon to pick up replacement elements for our stove but she did move around a lot more between breakfast and her nap than she has in the last several months. She even shuffled outside to watch me snip a few more irises for our table. Although it seems like little enough exercise for her it was actually quite a bit more than she's been used to, despite the fact that we're continuing to do abbreviated therapy exercise sessions about twice a week.
    Except for a possible blood draw, I expect to be finishing the reporting I earlier intended today and over the weekend. If her urine remains clear over the weekend (it's entirely possible that it will look clear this morning but cloud this weekend) and/or she bleeds from the urinary tract I'll "cash in" the antibiotic prescription and get her started before Monday.
    This weekend will probably be our first spring-warm weekend. I'm hoping to get her out on at least one walkering trek, if only on our concrete driveway. We'll see how that goes.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?