Monday, June 27, 2005

 

Company is gone...

...Mom is on her second nap of the day...so is The Little Girl...in her case, of course, it's Sacred Napping...it may be in Mom's case, too...and I'm making a little ketchup over at the movie site. Nothing entered yet, but soon. I'm looking into trading out some movies in which we aren't that interested for others that we are. Some, though, I plan to keep for our "collection". MPS & Niece are always delighted to go through our movies in the evenings and commented, this weekend, that they always see "really good movies" at our house. Last night it was The Straight Story. Night before it was, let me think...oh, yeah, Chocolat. I couldn't believe they hadn't seen it, especially considering my niece's devotion to Johnny Depp's work. Did we watch a film the night before that? I'm sure we did. I can't remember which one.
    Mom was up more than, hmmm, well, maybe more than I expected, but, come to think of it, not more than she has been, lately. She was very animated during the visit and she asserted her dignity by seeing to it that I was the butt of many jokes. This time I cooperated. I was sturdy on keeping to a semblance of her usual routine and it "worked", whatever that might mean.
    MPS and I catalogued, in detail, our aches and pains, shuddered to think what it might feel like in the joints, in bone, to be 87, and whether we wanted to experience this. It does, as the woman said, hurt to get old. You can attempt to be romantic about it, you can talk about readying the soul to leave the body blah, blah, blah, but bottom line, it fucking hurts. To age. And, the compensations aren't really compensations. They're just other aspects of being old.
    The sudden and much enjoyed intrusion of company gave me some time to think about our bizarre doctor's appointment on Thursday. I'll later be doing some writing about it and doing stat ketchup over at the Daily site. All in good time. I've also got some car repairs to which to attend this week, primarily a dead battery to revive and replace and an a/c fan to repair, but some routine maintenance wouldn't hurt, either.
    And, I have a sister to call. I think I'll do that now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?