Monday, June 20, 2005

 

I just entered Mom's lab results...

...from draw date 6/17/05. They can be accessed at the links below:
CBC/BMP
Urinalysis
    Her BUN is back up and there was an indication of "moderate" red blood cells in her urine, to which I've appended a note on the test posting. Even though her anemia indicators appear to have dropped a bit here and there they are within her normal range. As far as I'm concerned, she's holding loose. My concern would only heighten if she drops any more and significantly next month. I happened to notice that there is a CBC posted for exactly a year ago. I couldn't help comparing. This CBC was taken after her transfusion. She appears to be doing better this year on most of her anemia indicators and holding steady on all others. Good. I'm satisfied.
    We're spending today getting ready for the trip tomorrow.
    I only took one set of BP and BG stats, yesterday. We did perform a much modified and aborted exercise session yesterday because her side seemed to be giving her so little distress. You can check out the results at the previous link. I gave her only one tablet of extra strength acetaminophen once yesterday after the exercise session with some yoghurt and she took a looong nap. Once back up, though, she stayed up until around midnight. She seemed in a good mood but subdued. I questioned her a lot about her side all evening and she seemed to be experiencing no pain under any conditions. She was ravenous at dinner, which didn't surprise me as her "lunch" was more like a snack for the purposes of taking the acetaminophen. I asked her what she wanted for dinner, she said "a hamburger" and that's what she got.
    I'll be awakening her shortly. I've checked up on her a couple of times and she's snoozing deeply and peacefully. Noon will be her twelve hour point, good time to rouse her.
    Looks like it's going to be a moderately warm day tomorrow both here and in The Valley. I expect we'll leave about 0900 and be back sometime late in the evening if all goes as planned.
    There was an article in the New York Times yesterday about Steve Case's new venture, Revolution. The website doesn't give much more than blurbs about the project but the article, which appears to be accessible only if you are registered with NYT (it's free) and, thus, will only be available for seven days, has a bit more about about his goals for the medical end of this project. The part that interests me specifically is his idea for developing companies to provide what he calls "Health 'concierges' or 'coaches' who help patients navigate the medical system." If you've been a regular reader here for awhile, you know that I talked about this, briefly a while back. I plan to comment on the article later but probably not today. Hmmm, I can't seem to get the target to work although it's coming up on the right page. Mom's up, though, so I'll work on it...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?