Wednesday, June 29, 2005

 

I've unplugged the phone...

...and I am going to be doing some diverse writing today, including a little necessary updating. I forgot to include my usual blood draw review here so I'm going to enter that backdated. It will help in interpreting my reaction to last week's doctor's appointment. I'm also going to look into Adult Day Care, again, prompted by the latest issue of Caregiver.com newsletter. I like the approach the editor mentioned. My mother has never been socially involved on an informal level but I know she has wished to get away from me at times, as I have from her. At times. Maybe I could get involved. Then again, maybe not. I need some down time, too.
    Not at all sure what will happen today but I'm in a pleasant state of anticipation.
    Weather report. Hmmm. Yesterday is was 85°F downtown. Felt much cooler than that up here. Today's high is expected to be 92°F and rising throughout the week and weekend. It's that time of year. Gusty winds, though. June Precip: 1.89". Excellent.
    I'm considering a pesticide treatment on the outside but I cringe to think how many spiders we'll lose. We've got a problem with carpenter ants. Busy, productive little creatures. Not easily daunted. I'm considering using the self-application stuff. Doing it in the evening after 'everyone's' gone to bed. Mom is sensitive to just about anything. As it happens, over the last few days she and I have been suffering an allergic reaction to something, the gods only know what, that is as severe as a cold. We're both wondering, in fact, if we have colds and not allergies. Medical facilities are famous cold breeders. Even The Little Girl is sneezing.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?