Friday, July 15, 2005

 

I did, indeed, address the appallingly bad doctor's appointment...

...the doctor responded and we've been dismissed, once again, from a doctor's care. Not to worry. Within two hours we were back with our former PCP who originally treated us through the same clinic from which we were bounced. I've published both my addressing of the problem, the physician's response and my thoughts about the entire episode in the following two essays:
Medicine in the Hot Seat
Physician in the Hot Seat
    You can also access them through the links to the right. They are the two latest essays added to my essay site.
    I know it's hard to tell, when I don't write in here for awhile, whether that means our days have been going well or badly. They've been going well. Here are a few updates, in the order in which I think of them:    I'm looking forward to the coming monsoon. So is my mother, surprisingly. This is the first time I think I've ever heard her say, "I wish it would rain." I don't think it's the relief from the heat to which she's looking forward; I think it's the regreening of our property. Despite all the rain we got last year, Prescott citizens are now on voluntary water restriction. Just last week the city began considering making the restrictions mandatory. It's beginning to look a little brown around the edges, here.
    Well, she just arose, taking a shorter nap than I'd expected. Her body is continuing to hold onto fluid, although it's releasing some. I just gave her the other 20 mg (a half tablet) of furosemide with her lunch.
    Time to be with my mother again in more than spirit. I hope to update her stats later this evening.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?