Thursday, July 7, 2005

 

I have considered, out of confusion and desperation...

...over the last couple of days, just saying, "To hell with the non-alternative medical establishment...they cause more health problems than they solve," which in my mother's case has happened at least 50% of the time, and taking it upon myself to put her completely out of medical reach and do what I can to take care of her myself without prescription drugs, without testing procedures, without anything but what I can get my hands on and what I can figure out to do. I'm sure I won't do this but it is a fantasy that I have a feeling is a common one among many people in these United States under our current health care system. The truth is, I doubt that, if I did this, it would make any difference in either the quality or extent of the rest of her life. But, whatever courage it would take to do this, I haven't yet gathered.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?