Wednesday, August 3, 2005

 

Although she only just now went in for a nap...

...and cautioned me that she only wanted to sleep an hour, which I'll honor, it's been a pretty lazy day. She asked at breakfast if there were anymore Mary Tyler Moore episodes left on "that tape". We still had a litle over half the episodes to go so, at her request, we spent the day finishing off the second season. After each episode she said, "That was a good one. I'd forgotten about that one." Good gift, I think. I knew when I got it I'd probably have to endure a couple of days of nothing but MTM, but it was worth it. Much of the comedy, of course, is timeless, and the outfits are amazing. I'd forgotten about all that stuff.
    Today is the first day we haven't turned on fans. I turned them off this morning soon after I awoke at 0630 and turned on the fan at the Arcadia door in my bedroom that draws air from our back yard into and through the house just a few minutes ago. It's been cloudy and there have been some periods that my mother would call dreary. The pressure has been up and down as storms have passed close by, but no rain today.
    Over the last few days I've noticed something: Since she's been taking the daily Macrodantin her day leaking is down to almost nothing. She still leaks at night, although for the last few nights she's awakened in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, so her shedding overnight isn't as bad as it was just a week and a half ago. I guess the antibiotic is doing good work. Now, if I can get her moving a little more we might have a couple of eliminatory problems fairly licked and her energy level might improve. As well, over the last week beginning with last Thursday when her empty oxygen tanks were replaced, she's used very little oxygen when she's up and sitting. I only give it to her when she's mouth breathing and looks a little pale. Since last Thursday her mouth breathing has been confined to when she's walking around the house going to the bathroom, throwing away her Kleenex collections, etc. Maybe she needed the antibiotic for some other reasons, as well. If I can get her moving enough to edge up her aerobic capacity it's possible that we're in for a period of renewal before the inevitable. The woman amazes me.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?