Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

I'm continuing to record...

...information about how Mom is doing over at the Mom's Daily Tests and Meds. I'm continuing on my productive roll over at Mom & Me One Archive. It continues to be incredibly instructive for me to review the material over there that I wrote two years ago. I'm in the process of recording the couple of months before her back injury laid her low for several months. She was pretty spiffy back then, compared to now.
    I've been noticing a lot of broken links to areas all over my compilation of sites and have been fixing them as I go. These are links that were broken when I began having to move stuff around in order to keep myself from running out of space. I had planned on transferring everything I wrote, no matter how outdated. At that time, for instance, I used the Updates page a lot...then moved it and forgot to go back and correct the broken links. I haven't written anything on that page for ages, well over a year. I've decided not to get rid of it. I'm fond of it for its relic status. I did, however, decide to drop a series of very short posts written over 8/26/03-8/27/03 in which I tried some experiments with links that didn't work. Overall, I'm leaving the material exactly as it was written although I'm correcting spelling mistakes I notice and syntax when I run across a sentence that makes no sense. As well, I've discovered that the journalling facility I used back then made some very curious errors in time/date posting and I'm correcting those. Good thing I don't use that facility anymore. Jesus! What a mistake that software is!
    Anyway, I think I'll head back over there and transfer some more days until I get tired. I'm planning to do some yard work in the morning; branches to cut, weeds to harvest for my compost bins. Amazingly, I hope it doesn't rain. I think I'm ready to roll a little slower with the archive transfer, now.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?