Monday, August 1, 2005

 

Tomorrow is my mother's 88th birthday...

...and the official anniversary of one year without medical emergencies. No hefty celebration is planned although I've promised her buckwheat pancakes with blueberries for breakfast. I'm going to make that tomato bisquit pie for her birthday dinner, which I'd planned for tonight but which she trumped with another suggestion. I asked her if she wanted anything special in the way of dessert.
    "No, not really," she said, "I usually don't have room for dessert anyway, after dinner," which is true.
    I let it go. Then, maybe 20 minutes later, funny woman, she said, "Do we still have some of that chocolate cake in the freezer? That would be good, tomorrow." It wouldn't, after all, be a proper birthday without sugar and chocolate.
    We don't, but I'll go to Costco and pick one up for her tomorrow before she awakens. I have no idea if we'll have it for lunch or dinner. We'll have it whenever she likes. What I do know is that I won't be taking her blood glucose readings tomorrow, although I will be taking her blood pressure readings. I think, though, once she moves her bowels, and I have reason to believe she'll be experiencing a move 'em up, head 'em out elimination tomorrow (see posting for today at Mom's Daily Tests and Meds for explanation), probably early, her blood pressure will settle back down within 24 hours.
    Happy, happy birthday, Mom. Oh, I'm so glad you're still here. Let's target 90 and see how far we can go beyond that, just for fun.
    Her light went out at 2315.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?