Friday, August 12, 2005

 

Well, I'm very excited!

    Yesterday I dot netted these journals! First, I'm running out of ISP space. Second, I've been thinking of doing this for some time but was scouring for the best domain and space deal I could find. Yesterday it dropped in my lap.
    The new location for this main journal and its subsidies, to which I am in the process of transferring all material, is The Mom and Me Journals dot Net. It will take awhile to transfer them over. I started with the smallest, least accessed one, Movies, Mom & Me.
    Obviously, transfer of everything is going to require a lot of work, including changing links, which may take up to a year, considering how many times I refer to my own material in these journals. In order to make sure that intrajournal links don't break, I'll be leaving the old material on the old servers until I'm sure all links are corrected, so you shouldn't get any broken links to the journal. Sitemeter and the Search Facilities will, of course, be changed, as well. On the above mentioned move I haven't yet done that, but will later today. I will also be substituting old index pages with an automatic redirect page which should take you to the new locations in three seconds. If not, the redirect page will contain a link to the new page.
    More good news about the transfer: Those journals in which I've had to delete comments will have them restored. Not that I get many comments but, well, I've got the space, now, to accommodate them.
    This move has also set back the production of the promised Table of Contents I'm setting up with links to areas of particular interest. I'd begun cataloguing links and now those links will need to be changed. As a part of the change, as well, all the material in Mom and Me One Archive will be moved into this journal as archived material. That will take awhile, as well.
    As the process continues, if there are any serious problems that crop up I'll notify you through this journal. In the meantime, It's almost time to awaken the Mom. I'll be back...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?