Friday, October 7, 2005

 

All searches are renovated, in place...

...freshly indexed and ready to go. You'll notice that I've observed The Mom & Me Journals Dot Net partitions and set up separate searches for each partition. The right of each search page also functions as a mini-Table of Contents.
    I'm a day behind on stats. I might get them in this morning. Mom was up until almost 0030 this morning, although in an up-and-down kind of way. She and I were both pretty inactive yesterday. I attacked the search engine problem with vigor and solved it.
    I have not yet reached 1,000 individually indexed items for the Soon (relative term) To Appear Dynamic Table of Contents. I put that aside to restructure the search engines so that I could use them, if necessary, in compiling that index. As well:    I think we're going to be visited next week. I know we'll probably be making an appointment to see her PCP in Mesa on November 1st.
    This morning while I was out getting a few staples (like Half & Half for my coffee) it occurred to me that I might be having a website related "hot flash" of energy and focus in order to have a halfway decent birthday month this year but not neglect Mom. Mom, too, has been assertive about insisting when she's ready for movement.
    We need to purchase a new watch for Mom. The only watches she can successfully wear without magnetizing them are Timex® watches. Strange but true. Anyway, the band on her old one disintegrated a few days ago while going through the wash. The watch is fine but looks battered so we're going to scout out a replacement watch. Walmart has a large selection of Timex watches at a variety of price levels. Going there will involve a burst of intense walkering but I think she's up to it. Today would be a good day weather wise but we also need to do her hair so we may not get around to the trip until tomorrow. I know that doing her hair will involve some extended experimentation since I bought her some new hair ornaments.
    We might, with luck, be able to avoid a trip to Costco this weekend. I need to catch up with MCS and I have a side editing project going on which I'd like to be able to make some headway before Sunday. I continue to have the itch to index so I may be passing 1,000 within the next few days.
    You might, over the next few days, as I crawl between sites and change Link section navigators to the search engines, encounter a broken link or two. E me about them if you wish, that will help. In the meantime, I expect to get to all the broken links shortly.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?