Sunday, October 9, 2005

 

Although an important piece of business was accomplished...

...I, again, washed out yesterday. I definitely felt "coldish", although I'm doing better today. I dozed on the couch throughout the afternoon and early evening while Mom took an "unsupervised" (no oxygen, no double underwear) nap, arose, turned on the TV and watched a good hour of the Dog Show before I became marginally aware. I cover what we ate, which was little, in the last post for yesterday. I revived a little yesterday night and remained awake until almost 0400 this morning. Mom light-off retired at 0130. If you're wondering why I consider that she hasn't retired unless she is no longer reading in bed, it's because for her, reading in bed is an activity. It is not uncommon for her to call me in to read a passage to me, which is why I always remain up until she turns off her light.
    I slept through the showing of a gorgeous Newfoundland, although the showing also occurred through a commercial and was only thumbnailed. Too bad. This dog was a luscious bitter-sweet chocolate color and had a very alert demeanor. I would have loved to see this dog in motion. I don't think this year's Newfoundland even made place or show. If we get a dog, this is the kind of dog we'll host.
    The Little Girl loves to watch The Dog Shows. Funny, she doesn't find cat shows interesting. Although she loves reptile shows. She watches small high desert reptiles in and outside our house.
    Movies, Mom & Me is updated, at least from the standpoint of listings. I discovered that I need to change some links within the descriptions on that site.
    Fall is slinking in. Some trees are changing. Most aren't. Today it looks as though we'll have our first day in the high 60's instead of the low to mid 70's. I dressed Mom warmly yesterday but she refused a coat or scarf. I insisted on the wheelchair. She was eventually grateful.
    I'm waiting for the announcement of the Best in Show then I'll sign off. This year they've attached microphones to the judges and top showers. The "informal" conversation is interesting. The judges, across the board, make contact with each entry. These people love dogs.
    This year I like the PBGV and the Japanese Chin.
    The Scottish Terrier looks good, too.
    "She's asking the dogs to turn it up as well."
    Cool!. Ahh. It's the shepherd. Wow. Beautiful dog. Great attitude. Definitely "on" tonight. Wonderful relationship with her (Tina's) handler.
    Haven't yet decided what to do about rising time for Mom. She'll hit 12 hours at 1330. I'll play it by ear. She may already be rousing out of the depths of her pleasant, Mid-Central U.S. dreams.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?