Tuesday, October 25, 2005

 

I'm done with all the reporting...

...it's been faxed to her doctor and I am pleased to announce that my first faxing on our relatively new fax/printer went without a hitch. It's nice not to have to traipse to Staples to do my regular faxing. I'll be posting her current health review shortly.
    Despite her arising in the peak (for her) of "vim, vigor and vitality" (one of her favorite phrases), as bathing and breakfast drew out she began to notice an ache here, a twinge there, surprising stiffness elsewhere. No wonder, considering all the movement she's accomplished in the last few days. Although during breakfast she was still up for a trip to continue searching out cookie cutters, by the time she'd finished her detox tea she'd decided she'd rather not go anyplace today. By 1520 she opted for a nap. I didn't fight her. Often, when she retires for a nap this early after a late rising, she doesn't sleep soundly, she dozes and then is up in an hour or less. I just checked in on her a few minutes ago, though, and she's laid out as though for her own wake: Eyes shut tight, stretched out all over the bed, face expressionless.
    So, it's going to be a slow day, today. That's okay. I'm so relieved with her lab results I don't care. Because of her bouncing blood pressures and her summer lethargy I was concerned that something new was going to be way out of balance. I'd even been considering (discussed some days ago over at Mom's Daily Tests & Meds) that we might be turning a corner in her Chronic Renal Failure and leveling out on a lower plateau (the link will take you to the specific post). In line with this I was thinking that her potassium and sodium might be collecting, thus she might have high readings on either of these and her creatinine might be starting to slip out of normal range. Everything's normal, though, and there are no unusual spikes in her normally high BUN, either. I guess she just has her own slow, steady, leisurely way of being old.
    Well, let me upload the current health review.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?