Tuesday, October 4, 2005

 

Mom is appears to be recovering from something.

    Not incidentally, so am I. In one way or another she and I both slept through portions of our visit with friends. It would have been embarrassing if they weren't our informal family. Most of the tale of our day is told at today's breakfast entry at Mom's Daily Tests & Meds.
    Mom is napping, recovering from the little bit of the visit to which she attended awake.

    Flowers were offered, fresh home made bread was broken. Bonds were renewed.

    Last night something interesting happened that rent my heart a bit. As is my usual policy when we are retiring at the same time, I sent her in to brush her teeth, reminded her that I was going to brush mine in "my bathroom", told her to continue brushing her teeth until I returned to her bathroom. When I was halfway through the two minute timer on my toothbrush I heard her calling me, her voice high and frail, just this side of "shriek". She'd lost track of me halfway through her brushing routine, having been confused by the constant cleaning I did yesterday and the constant reminders of "company tomorrow", each reminder in which she delighted as though it was a fresh announcement of freshly made arrangements.
    I answered her immediately and she stuttered through her fear that I had "gone home with the company". Apparently I elaborated so well on who the company was by refreshing her memory of previous visits and her history with these people separate from mine that she experienced the visit before it happened!
    Ahhh, reconnaissance coughing. I'll be back...
    ...later...

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?