Monday, October 31, 2005

 

Once again, Kidneygurl, my gratitude to you in spades...

...for the url to the excellent template prescription letter for an oxymeter/oximeter. I've already created a filled in copy of it, printed it and have it ready for our doctor's appointment tomorrow. Being conservative as he is it's possible that he will not think it is "time" for me to have such a device, but I noticed on the Nonin site that I can buy the same handy-dandy instrument off prescription as either a pilot's or a hiker's aid. When I searched out costs I discovered that a Nonin discontinued pilot's aid, which has been replaced by a newer model, is selling for $100 less than the portable medical model which appears to be exactly the same type. I'm going to try for an Rx first, in case Medicare/Tricare will subsidize some, if not all, the cost. If that doesn't work we'll purchase the discontinued pilot's aid outright.
    As an aside, for those of you who are interested, the template is a very succinct, complete document which, with only slight modifications, can handily be used as an Rx letter for any of a number of medical assistance devices. As well, it is part of a site, EFFORTS (Emphysema Foundation For Our Right to Survive which looks as though it is extremely complete and thus very helpful for those with pulmonary problems. It's a keeper.
    Mom decided not to accompany me on my two errand trips, yesterday, but that's all right. I'm encouraging her to rest up for Tuesday. Her usual physical profile is that, after several days of movement a couple of days of rest acts on her like a weightlifter doing a couple of days of strenuous workouts. My guess is that tomorrow, in The Valley, she will be in tip-top shape. As well, the lower altitude will enhance her ability to breathe and her energy level. She'll probably be unstoppable. She's remembering the trip, very much looking forward to it and has even remembered that at MCS's home, where we'll be spending the afternoon and evening, there is a toy dachsund with whom she's fallen in love. She can't wait to see him again. I expect that the visit to MCS's home will involve some cigarette smoking so somewhere along the way I'll pick up a pack of cigarettes for her so she doesn't smoke MCS out of hers.
    I hear her blowing her nose. Time to start her day.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?