Sunday, November 20, 2005

 

Forgot to mention...

...blood draw results will be up tomorrow, so will her monthly (or so) health review that I'll be faxing to her PCP.
    Also, she and I watched TCM's presentation of Sense and Sensibility. Although I expected that my mother would shun it because of the English accents and my suspicion was further endorsed because the station forgot the Closed Captioning until half way through the movie, my mother was as taken with the production as I was. By the time the toward-the-end scene occurs when Elinor breaks down crying and laughing at the return of Edward we were both laughing and crying, and thoroughly satisfied.
    Before I could saying anything, Mom said, "If you see that movie anywhere, get it. I'd love to see it again."
    Funny, they've had it at Costco regularly, it is now much reduced in price there, but since I hadn't seen it and am careful about Jane Austen adaptations I hadn't picked it up. I will, now.
    Maybe she's ready for some of the more flourescent productions of Shakespeare, like Branagh's production of Othello with Laurence Fishburne or Polanski's MacBeth. She tends to find the BBC productions too hard to follow, but some of the "made for the popular theater" productions might appeal to her. I know, I was blown away that she enjoyed BBC's Pride and Prejudice.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?