Tuesday, November 22, 2005

 

I feel as though I am, oh, say 9 or 10...

...and tomorrow is a holiday, which is synonymous with no school, so I can stay up as late as I want, relax, do whatever I want, sleep in tomorrow...I'm even drinking coffee tonight, at this late hour, so I can enjoy the evening and myself into the wee hours.
    The two pies I'm making tomorrow are pecan; one is chocolate pecan. That's what was requested. I've purposely shied away from pecan pie: No fruit, seems like it's just pecans and sugar; I prefer my nuts straight and my sugar very light. Preceding the two recipes I found in Joy of Cooking, though, was the following blurb: "The filling of pecan pie is actually a sort of custard composed of sugar, butter and eggs..." Ah, I'm thinking, custard. I like the challenge of cooking an interesting custard. I also like the challenge of making food that I would not normally eat, just to see if I can do it well. The pumpkin cheesecake, of course, is something I love, so that will be fun to make. Mom will busy herself supervising, as she loves to do when cooking and baking are being pursued in the kitchen.
    I think I'll put some more cataloguing under this journal's belt tonight.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?