Monday, November 14, 2005

 

"I go now to report your latest bowel movement to the world."

    "What!?!" She always forgets exactly what I put into these journals about her and me.
    "I keep track of your bowel movements on the web site, so your boweling schedule is available to the entire world."
    "Well, I can't imagine that very many people check up on that!"
    "You're right. Not many do. But that section gets about 50 visitors a week on average. So, someone out there must be interested!"
    With that she delivered a comic sneer and settled into her nap.
    Today is one of those days when I feel as though all the gods are walking with us, ahead and behind, smoothing our way, allowing us to feel safe, comfortable and in sync with life. Although it hasn't been a very active day, chores for me, reading silently for Mom, reading aloud for both of us, chatting about this and that, it has the air of the peaks about it. These are the days I live for.
    Mom asked me today, while we were putting on her bra, if I remembered how excited I was to wear my first bra.
    "Yeah, I do, Mom, do you?"
    I meant her excitement about her first bra but she mistook me. "I sure do. You bugged me about getting one for months before it was necessary. When we finally got you one, after you'd worn it once you didn't want to wear it anymore. You didn't like it. A couple of months later you didn't have a choice." That was a few years before women took off their bras.
    I was surprised she remembered this about me. She's exactly right. I meant to ask her, again, about her own experience and whether she remembered the rest of her daughters' experiences with their first bras but we got to talking about something else and the moment passed.
    Looks like this facility will be down between 2200-0000 tonight my time. Better get over to the movie site and do some of the entry I was planning on doing tonight after Mom retires.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?