Friday, November 4, 2005

 

Mom's doctor thanked me heartily, Tuesday...

...just before he left the examining room, for taking such "good, close care" of my mother! I've been meaning to mention this over the last few days as I remember it at odd moments.
    My reaction? I was flabbergasted. I said, "You're welcome," of course, and mumbled something else about how it was nothing, it is my mother, after all.
    Wow. I cannot express how good it feels to have her doctor, her PCP, too, thank me. Most doctors would prefer that I not be anywhere near my Mom when they're seeing her so they can have at her and make their decisions in the absence of her mind and anyone else's but theirs.
    I just picked up the 10 mg/1 per day prescription for lisinopril. Over the last few days I've been giving her 10 mg as two 5 mg doses twice a day to prepare her body. I think, at first, I'll try administering the dose at night, either at dinner or bedtime, that I haven't decided.
    It's a mellow day, today, which is fine with me. I don't know why but I woke up a little irritated and decided I needed a down day. Mom's sleeping off something, I'm not sure what. It isn't me. I was pretty good at putting off my irritation when I was around her.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?