Friday, November 18, 2005

 

"My mother exists in Timelessness, now...

...and since I take care of her, so do I." Funny thing to say about a woman who always wears a watch and checks it several times a day. The desk clerk at the lab, when we went for Mom's blood draw today, noticed this and raised her eyebrows, questioning my explanation of why I was unsure of both the date and time of day (I don't wear a watch).
    "That's not a watch," I elaborated, grinning. "That's a Time Transport Bracelet. If she needs to exist in time, all she has to do is look at it and she's instantly back in Time."
    The lady laughed. "Well, if you ask me," she said, "living in Timelessness sounds pretty good."
    "It is," I agreed. "I'm not looking forward to having to come back to The Timed Universe when she dies."
    The lady patted my arm. "She looks good. I don't think you have to worry about that for awhile."
    Speaking of time, for my own reference, her blood was drawn at 1335 this afternoon. CBC only. I should be able to pick up the results Monday, although I may check tomorrow, since the lab has Saturday hours, to see if their up.
    Mom awoke on her own today at 1100. I think she was anticipating the blood draw. She was surprised that I suggested breakfast before the draw, but the CBC doesn't require that she fast. At the lab they didn't ask if she was fasting, for some peculiar reason. They usually do, whether a test requires it or not.
    Mom enjoyed getting out and looking around but complained about "the cold". I probably should have swathed her in her coat but I didn't think of it. The air felt warm to me until we got to the lab. I shuddered a little at her pronouncement that it was cold. If she's noticing "the cold", she's probably considering the possibility of beginning her winter hibernation.
    I'm heading over to enter stats.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?