Friday, November 25, 2005

 

The visiting part of our Thanksgiving trip was super-splendid.

    Mom and I, separately and together, had a wonderful time with MCF and her extended family (and friends), who are marvelous hosts and know how to do a in-and-out door, watching-football-and-visiting Thanksgiving get together. As well, as you may remember, this was the family of MCF, who took care of her Ancient One father until his death. All their family, while still sometimes frustratingly unavailable for MCF, were much more available than my family is (not calling a fault, just stating the truth, mind you) for me, so everyone involved in the family who was present was auto-tuned to my mother as An Ancient One and, while I was also well tuned to her, I was able to relax. My mother shimmered and shone, as usual, made a new friend and spent the afternoon developing all kinds of plans for our yard based on what this family did with their yard. Today she continues to talk about various aspects of the get together in glowing terms.
    A bizarre glitch occurred on our trips down and back which I almost allowed to take us out of the running for the gathering, but somehow MCF and her daughter came to my rescue lickety-split when we arrived, which I wasn't expecting, and saved my and my mother's day. I'll explain later. There is more to tell about the party, too, and some hard caregiver realizations I had, but I'll discuss those, as well...
    ...later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?