Monday, November 21, 2005

 

Well, I did it.

    I sought out the proper contact at Revolution and sent a lengthy email detailing my thoughts about Medical Advocation and what I would seek from such a professional. I cited my experience as my mother's avocational medical advocate as proof of my knowledge of the subject. I included the text of three posts, the beginnings of which are listed below and labeled as they were in the email:    I concluded with mention that I felt people interested in forming a company designed to provide medical advocates would be interested in "'from the front' information about what would be desired by patients from such professionals and patients' fears about what might 'dirty' the profession."
    In less than an hour I had a preliminary response from the woman to whom I directed my message. She assured me that she had passed my message on to someone in charge of that area of Revolution and would leave it up to that person whether to contact me further.
    It was, of course, a polite, perfunctory response. I hadn't expected any response except maybe an auto-e acknowledging receipt of my message, so I was encouraged. Neither am I hanging on the possibility of further contact. As I explained to my mother when I told her what I did, considering the detail and coverage of my message, further contact is moot to the reality that anyone who is involved in the establishment of Professional Medical Advocates, whether they have personally advocated medically on behalf of someone either professionally or avocationally, will not be able to forget what I wrote. It can be consigned to a back file, a circular file, whatever. It will not leave their mind as they proceed in their creation. This is the most important aspect of what I did. I hope it will help. There is no reason why it shouldn't.
    I will, of course, mention here any further correspondence if it occurs.
    Later.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
All material copyright at time of posting by Gail Rae Hudson

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?